TEFL classroom hacks
I’ve said before that I enjoy the TEFL community and today was no exception. Browsing through my Reader, I came across this great idea for the classroom: Wheel Decide and it’s a game changer.
Haha. But really.
You can go the website and it allows you to create your own wheel-of-fortune type wheels and as soon as you see the website you’ll realise how useful this little tool is.
It can be used:
- as a general spinner when playing boardgames as a class (1,2,3)
- to choose random topics for exam speaking tasks (My family, My hometown, My free time)
- to decide on a topic for the lesson (Current events, Movies, Recycling)
- to call on students/teams to answer a question (Sara, Juan, Isa)
- to choose topics for a general knowledge game (Flags, Animals, Sports) or English quiz (Grammar, Vocabulary, Spelling)
- for revision (Present perfect, Articles, The weather)
So many ideas.
Thanks to ELT Planning for the post – looking forward to getting more helpful hints from you!